Overland Contracting, Inc. Senior Instrument/Control Engineer in United States
Senior Instrument/Control Engineer
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The candidate will fill the role as senior I&C Engineer for the EPC power group in Beijing, China.
• Candidate for this position within the power sector should be capable of power design projects.
• The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with DCS and PLC based control systems, logic diagrams, control valve sizing, instrumentation specification, instrumentation installation details, P&IDs, motor control schematics, specification writing, studies, scheduling, and cost estimating.
• In addition, the candidate will be expected to support managing client relationships and supporting marketing activities including proposal development in response to requests for proposals.
• A significant level of design-build work experience with power plant systems is desired.
• Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation engineering or equivalent
• 10+years I&C experience in the power industry preferred.
• Candidate must have excellent communication, written and organizational skills.
• Work independently or as a lead on a small team or design group on a plant design project are required.
• Field experience, including startup and commissioning, experience is desired.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Effective English reading, writing and speaking skills. Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, and Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program. Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles. Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration.
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.