Overland Contracting, Inc. WTG Erection Superintendent in US, United States
WTG Erection Superintendent
Interfacing with and monitoring craft, Subcontractor and field Engineering Supervisors, direct hire craft productivity and their performance for WTG erection. Ensures adherence by all discipline craft and Subcontractors to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by Black and Veatch. Provides craft supervisors with information and technical direction required to complete project safely, timely and in a quality manner. Ensures schedule and project expectations are clearly defined to craft supervision and Subcontractors. Coordinates interpretation of technical requirements. Provides technical data and information as required to craft and Subcontractors supervision or Construction Engineers. Ensures compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments of all applicable policies
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
As they relate to WTG erection
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the WTG erection CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and installation.
• Assists in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope. • Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents and Construction Manager.
• Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required.
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies Potential backcharges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a "supervisor." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Supervises direct hire projects general foreman and foreman and CM projects subcontractors, superintendents, and construction engineers.
5+ years experience as Superintendent 2 on similar projects or equivalent. Construction Management and Contract Administration training and qualification required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Direct WTG erection supervision experience
• Budget and Cost Control Skills
• Industrial relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
• Knowledge of Industry construction guides and manuals.
• Construction safety awareness and comprehension
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Constructability Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
• Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
• Leadership Ability
• Human Relations Skills
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Construction Guides and Standards
• Proficient in Microsoft office products for word processing, spreadsheets, project scheduling, photo processing, and email reporting.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and be willing to travel with limited notice and to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights. Working at heights, perform essential physical functions, capable of lifting a minimum of 50lbs, ability to travel as needed, work outside in various weather conditions
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.